Re: I need some input, guys.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike K on February 15, 2002 at 10:51:51:

In Reply to: I need some input, guys. posted by Ryno on February 15, 2002 at 09:01:43:

Also, the State Pier at the Alabama State Park in Ft Morgan? is a great place to fish for $3 a day! Best time will be at night (and no sunburn!)fishing for the whiting and speckled trout. The spanish may still be running and that's a hoot on the end of the pier. I usually don't go until around midnight and fish until about 9-10 am. Then it's time to go lie on the beach w/ wife and kids when they are just getting their day started. I manage to "rest my eyes" on the beach while they swim and play, so I can go back to the pier that night!. Make sure you get an umbrella though. If you don't and you rest your eyes too long - OUCHHH!Sunburn city.
Befriend one of the old farts who is on the pier. They're locals who drag the wheeled dollies with rods, coolers, bait buckets, lunch, fillet knives - well, you get the picture. They will tell you their secrets if you'll just act dumb.(my wife says that's not too hard for me) Good Luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]