Re: Lots of issues.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on February 14, 2002 at 01:06:56:

In Reply to: Re: Lots of issues. posted by TroyJ on February 14, 2002 at 00:42:26:

Troy, you know that I appreciate your input here and your expertise in fishing, but I must disagree with you on a few points.

First, it is hard to read boat ID numbers even when they ARE present. Not all sponsored boats are that easily identifiable by other markings and often have no registration ID numbers. A name on a shirt is difficult to read when they are blowing through at 50-60 mph and you are just trying to keep from falling out of your boat from the wake.

Seems that you and the sponsors of these events are putting the entire debit on OUR shoulders as to keeping track of offenders. With ALL that money involved, it would seem appropriate that the folks responsible for organizing the tournaments should have more control; i.e. judges on the water. Sorry Troy, but I have experienced it too many times to believe that the sponsors, promotors, participants or anyone involved really gives a poop about anything else except the "prize" and the advertising; i.e money. I have seen a couple of exceptions, but they really were exceptions. The majority of the "pro bass" crowd are not worth spit. Their actions on the water speak louder than any words can.

Kerry Grissett

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]