FLW on Wheeler

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on February 13, 2002 at 21:18:08:

I know I will make some people mad with what I am about to write, but so be it.

Every time a "big" tournament is held on Wheeler, or any other lake, those waters become VERY dangerous! Such is the case now on Wheeler.

These folks, with VERY FEW exceptions, have NO courtesy or etiquette on the water and totally ignore the laws of the water as to safety. I personally have seen these folks blow through a group of small boats on a very small creek and never even look back.

What ARROGANCE! One boat cut between me and the bank (about 30 feet) where I was fishing. Another blew by between my boat and 3 other small boats in a small creek with only 20 to 30 feet of clearance total!

Where are the Alabama Marine Police???????????????? Is there any enforcement from the tournament promotors?

This isn't something new to me, but this year it seems to be a little worse and TVA is even catering to these idiots.

I really don't care how much money is involved in any tournament. It is no excuse for the behavior I see every time and the lack of law enforcement on OUR lakes.

I am afraid it is going to take someone getting hurt because of these idiots before this situation is taken seriously and something is done.

I know I am not the only one who has experienced the "trauma" of a FLW or other "big" tourney. Dangerous and discourteous behavior in these "big" tourney's is so prevalent, even a blind man can see it. Alabama Marine Police where are you? Wheeler lake should be crawling with you guys this week! (sigh) That is the reason these idiots do what they do! They know they have little chance of getting caught and have no ID numbers on their boats. Hmmm...

Good luck and watch out for the FLW idiots!!!! Pros? HA!

Kerry Grissett

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]