Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 2-13-2002

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on February 13, 2002 at 17:39:08:

DATE: 2-13-02
LAKE LEVEL: 560.3
NORMAL FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 47 in am - 51 pm
WATER CLARITY: So So improving

CRAPPIE: Fished Saturday with Harry just looking for fish. Fished Churchouse,Crazy Woman,Bay Springs and Yellow Creek for 8
keepers.When you think it cannot get any worse it can...I didn't fish on Sunday. Monday the 11th fished Donald and his bunch. We
had 24 keepers and another 20 that wouldn't measure.The pattern on Monday was double 16th's in 16 ft. of water.Slow troll about
1.0. Fish were right on the bottom. They did not want anything but triple blue and blue/grn/blue. Fished Don again on Tuesday the
12 the. Basically the same pattern as Monday.Double 16th's on a slow troll. 16-18 ft of water 13 feet deep.We had 6 fish at 1pm. The
fished moved up to about 6 foot deep at 1pm and finished the day with 25 keepers.Still using double 16th's but increased the speed
to 2.4. Probably caught 25-30 non-keepers. Fishing is tough as nails.Water clarity is marginal.But, it looks like it is going to get a little
better everyday. If it does not "stick a fork in me because I be done." If there is any consolation to it I had several fish in the 2- 2 1/2
category. Fished basically Big Nose all day.

BASS: The last 3 days I have caught several bass in shallow water, 3-4 feet deep.They seem to be concentrated in the warmer water
in the backs of the coves.Everytime you think you have them figured out they will humble you.

STRIPE: We should be just killing them.But, we are not. The stripe should be under the birds and we have a lot of birds but at this
time there is no large concentration of them under the birds.This is going to change. It cannot hold on like this. I will keep my eye on
them and let you know. Catching a 12-20 lb. stripe on 6 lb. test line with an ultra-light rod is a blast!

BREAM: Guntersville is starting to settle down.Bream are still in 35-40 foot of water right off the old river channels.

CATFISH: Catfish are just jumping in the boat on cut shad.

The lake is still pretty low. Some of the areas that I would like to fish I cannot get into. I do not see Alabama Power holding any more
water. They are still pulling the heck out of it.It is time that things should settle down. I am fishing everyday and as things change I
will keep you informed.Like I said, We are low so just be very careful out there.It is that time of year for a 1/2 off prop sale.One of the
problems with the fishing is that you cannot go from 60+ water temp to high 40's to low 50's in just a matter of days and expect things
to rebound overnight.Things are stabilizing everyday.If you do not have a troll speed indicator you are out there "flapping". Good
Fishing! Steve 256-927-6617 www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]