Re: 3 pole/rod limits in Al.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Deputyking on February 12, 2002 at 12:43:34:

In Reply to: 3 pole/rod limits in Al. posted by Keith Jenkins on February 11, 2002 at 13:52:34:

I believe that the complaints about having a boat with poles sticking out of them 16' on each side added to the width of the boat is creating a 40' wide obstacle when it is sitting in the mouth of a creek or channel. This goes back to the attitude and courtesy that some fishermen fail to display when coming into contact with other fishermen. We have all been swamped by fast boats coming too close or by fishermen moving in on top of us when we are fishing a spot that seems to be catching more fish than theirs. Even at boat ramps, we see people not waiting their turn to launch or load their boat. I may be wrong but to limit the number poles people use to fish with will not change the limit of fish they are allowed to keep. I can see no logic in limiting the amount of poles or even how many people can fish from the same boat except that it may be creating problems and complaints with fellow fishermen when common courtesy is not displayed. This is just my 2 cents worth.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]