Re: fishing lake wheeler

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike on February 11, 2002 at 15:52:15:

In Reply to: Re: fishing lake wheeler posted by TroyJ on February 10, 2002 at 15:32:01:

Yeah, Troy's right about that! But, the sauger and stripe are out towards the channel, outside the GREEN marker can. That is where the TVA people have established their "off-limits" mark. Stay out past the green marker buoy and no one will yell at you... I think TVA's "rule" of keeping fishermen 100 yds off the shoreline is ridiculous. There are guards being paid to watch that area, and keeping a boat away from the shoreline is not going to stop someone intent on getting into the plant. If the security is not sufficient TODAY, then it hasn't been for the last 30 YEARS!! (I personally have never seen a terrorist fishing for sauger and stripers, especially since they don't have many lakes in their countries!) Seriously, I don't think it's the fishermen's responsibility to make the area safe. The guards might just need to pay closer attention now... Oh well, don't let me get started here...What do you other folks think?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]