Re: Coosa water level debate Smith Lake

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on February 07, 2002 at 20:28:16:

In Reply to: Re: Coosa water level debate Smith Lake posted by John on February 07, 2002 at 20:12:49:

Thanks for the information John.

In drought conditions like that year, it is understandable that the draw down was so severe. I don't know enough about Smith lake to even venture a guess as to what would be normal for a "normal" rainfall year. Having said that, I do believe that Alabama Power (Southern Company) and TVA could do a better job in "normal" rainfall years as far as the fisheries are concerned.

Over the last 30 years the fisheries in the TVA (Tennessee river) have declined enormously. I can't speak for Smith lake since I don't fish there often and didn't fish there at all until about 4 years ago (I don't even remember when Smith lake was formed), but I would venture to guess that it also isn't what it once was as a fishery.

I have several theories about the decline of the Tennessee river, but have few clues as to the decline of Smith's fishery. I have even had some report from Smith that would suggest that it hasn't declined at all, but I take all reports, positive or negative, about Smith with a grain of salt.

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]