Re: My favorite gear

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on February 05, 2002 at 22:21:00:

In Reply to: My favorite gear posted by Bluerod on February 05, 2002 at 20:58:45:

Even though I mainly throw small jigs (16th oz) most of the time, I use 6'6" 100% graphite rods (IM6, 7 or 8) with medium heavy action. The most recent additions were Shakespears with titanium guides since I tend to slap my rods into bridges, trolling motors, etc and that tends to crack ceramic guides.

Right now my reels are Daiwa Goldcast III closed face spinning (I like the GC120s the best since they cast a little better than the smaller models) with 6 lb test.

I catch everything from large hybrids to bream and everything in between on this gear. I change my line as often as necessary, sometimes twice a week and use Excell Premium from BassPro. It doesn't have much memory in 6lb test, but is sort of "stretchy", however, it does a good job for me (thanks Alex). I get it in 9000 yard spools.

The only thing I have a problem using is crankbaits or any other bait that requires a very fast retrieve, but since I don't throw those baits much it isn't much of a problem for me. (grin)

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]