Madison County Lake

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy on January 27, 2002 at 20:53:40:

Since the Tennessee is raging I thought I would try some calmer waters today. The weatherman said it was going to be mild and very little wind. Well they missed it again, it was windy and cool. Fished all morning fighting the wind and got one bite (missed him), trolling battery started getting weak so I got out of the wind and fished the pockets. Usually when I do this I take myself away from the fish and don't do too good. Well, today it payed of with four bass ranging in size from 1 to 2 1/2 lbs. The water in the pockets was alittle warmer and the fish were difinately relating to that. Felt good to catch four, I've been catching 1 or 2 every time out for the last month or so. Also seen 'em catching trout out of the trout pond. Some kid's had some nice bream. Didn't find out how they faired on the Crappie though. New brush piles are out in the lake, I can't wait until the fish load up on them. Next time the river is raging give the County lake a try, you might be surprised. Good fishing! Randy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]