Wheeler Lake levels

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on January 27, 2002 at 19:54:05:

Wheeler crested early this morning and started to drop slightly. Many places where the water had backed up (flooded) are starting to flow back out. TVA is predicting (http://lakeinfo.tva.gov/htbin/lakeinfo?site=WEH&DataType=All&SUBMIT=View+data) a quick fall in the levels, but I have found their predictions in this area to be unreliable more often than not.

In any case we have rain predicted for the middle of this coming week, so depending on the amounts we get the river may stay up and "raging" for several more days or longer. If you decide to take your boat out be careful as many very large trees, logs and other debris have been spotted in the fast moving waters. To me, that means that there is a lot just under the surface that you won't see until you hit it.

My guess on the fish is that they will stay in the calmer sloughs, cuts and backwaters while the current is up so high. Good luck getting into them though. (smile) I am not taking my boat out for a while and am trying from the bank.

Good luck to everyone who decide(s/d) to brave the waters in their boats the last few and coming days.

Good luck and good fishin'

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]