Re: sauger report at G'ville dam

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by fiddle worm on January 25, 2002 at 13:37:20:

In Reply to: Re: sauger report at G'ville dam posted by sethook on January 25, 2002 at 08:05:20:

Well first you might try reading the article Alex wrote that is listed at the top of the page under NAFF articles. If you are gonna bank fish,like we usually do, I would suggest going late in the evening. You will want to fish in the eddy water,just inside of the current. If they are not generating water,don't even waste your time. I would suggest using 3 inch grubs,you will just have to experiment with color to find out what they are wanting. You might try tipping your lead head with a minnow. Just slow fish inside the eddy water bumping close to the bottom. Usually you can tell within 30-40 minutes if you are going to do any good. If we don't get any bites within that time,usually we will pack up.**Hint** The colder and nastier the weather the better the bite is usually. When you go give us a report and let us know how you did. Maybe Shad Lips can give you better advice on fishing from the boat, it is usually dark by the time I can go, so we do not bother taking the boat.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]