Re: New Baitcast reel

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on January 21, 2002 at 10:21:17:

In Reply to: Re: New Baitcast reel posted by TroyJ on January 19, 2002 at 19:03:41:

I have been an ABU man for a long time. Last year, I took the advice of Troy and many others and bought a Curado. I also got an ABU C5 as a gift at about the same time. Before I knew it, I found myself taking a spinnerbait off the C5 and retying my line on the Curado. That is when I realized I was hooked. And I also had a boat full of 5500's sitting idle.

The Curado is incredibly smooth. On my first day, I disregarded the value of those adjustable brakes, and on the first cast, well, that became the last cast for that day. It is not like an ABU where you unscrew the brake completely and throw as hard as you can. It was a challenge to change my ABU mindset and technique, but I believe I am a converted man. I have always favored Shimano spinning reels, but now I believe it may be the only brand of baitcaster I will buy again (just to have extras). I join that ranks of many who highly recommend the Curado!

FYI, ABU is still my choice for catfish and striper fishing because of heavy line capability and long line capacity. But for bass fishing, the Curado gets an A+.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]