First Time to Weiss

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doug on January 21, 2002 at 08:34:30:

I am starting to plan my first trip to Lake Weiss. I have fished all of my life, but in thirty years have never made it down to Lake Weiss to get into Crappie. I have heard time and time again of people catching their limit day in day out. Is this realistic?
I would like to find out a good place to stay (me, my wife, and her family, so seperate rooms in a cabin would be good). Also, I would like to find a good guide for the first day so that we can at least catch fish while we are there. How much should the cabin run per day? How about a guide for one day (or would you get one). Any guides that you would recommend.

I am planning on taking my own bass boat, a TR22. Is the Lake pretty safe to run, or are there a lot of bad places?

Finally, would the third week in March be "prime time", or do I need to change my timing a little.

For those of you who are experienced at Weiss, any and all information to the above questions and any other comments will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, and have a great afternoon.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]