Reader's Digest version

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on January 09, 2002 at 10:50:20:

In Reply to: Re: Cynical views and policy-maker contacts posted by Kerry Grissett on January 08, 2002 at 22:37:10:

Gosh... and I thought I had done so good to condense my autobiography; Code of Federal Regulation (CFR), Chapter I, SUBCHAPTER J; and 9 years of my view on political/environmental change into two pages. hahahaha.

My whole point was to illustrate that nothing related to government or politics is as simple as it may seem at first. Most importantly, do your homework. The worst thing that you can do is to say that "nothing" is being done, unless you are sure, or your opinion will quickly be disregarded. Our legal system functions on facts, not hearsay. As bad as it seems, lots of dry reading will likely be necessary to become the general of an army. Trust me... after you understand the structure of all legal documents, you will learn to find the important facts much quicker.

And the stuff about Bush-Clinton-Bush... it was just to illustrate that we have to be careful about disrupting so many families to change policies, which in the end, leave a public perception that nothing has changed. I guess that is just a personal thing that I hate about big government and politics. I was bitter for many years that I lost my job for no good reason, while other people in other states got new jobs. Now I look back and see only good changes in my life as a result, but I am not sure if older workers approaching retirement faired as well.

Don't get discouraged if you kick that big government sponge and nothing happens!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]