Environmental lobbying groups

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on January 09, 2002 at 00:04:04:

Since I started this "thread" about pollution in Alabama and continue to post about it, I want to say something about political lobbying groups. Make sure to FULLY investigate any such group before you give them your full allegiance or money. I am sure that some of them are truly what they claim to be, maybe all of them, but just as in anything political, make sure you know who you are getting into bed with.

At this point, I don't have ANY affiliations with ANY lobbying organizations or groups, nor do I endorse any. I haven't had time to investigate any of them thoroughly. Although I have visited some of the sites listed in messages posted by others, I can't say that I found enough information on some of them to give me a good indication of their affiliations, political or otherwise. Sounds like I am skeptical, well you are correct. Before I align myself with ANY lobbying organization, I want to know if they have anything else "up their sleeve" for an agenda. I am not saying that I have any evidence at this time that any one of the sites posted in messages from other folks have a hidden agenda, just that I don't know and haven't been able to make a clear determination for myself.

When you get involved in politics, you get involved in a lot of muck and sewage, even when you have the best of intentions. (sigh)

Kerry Grissett

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]