Re: Trolling motor shopping...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shad Lips on December 29, 2001 at 14:28:33:

In Reply to: Trolling motor shopping... posted by Kerry Grissett on December 28, 2001 at 22:02:09:

I purchased a Minn Kota 50 Power Drive last April from Bass Pro Shops by internet. I was not charged any additional shipping cost, however if I had bought the 55 PD they would have charged me. What I have is a 50# thrust with a 12 volt system. It has the maximizer circuits which allow for infinite speed control as well as extended battery life. It took a little while to get used to it because the whole head moves when you steer instead of just the "foot". For this reason it has a slightly slower steering response time than traditional units. I had to rewire my boat as the unit requires 6 AWG wire. I was pretty P.O.'d that neither Minn Kota or Bass Pro Shops gave any advanced warning about wiring requirements. I don't know of any boats that have such heavy guage wire installed on them from the factory. Other than that I'm really pleased with the performance of my trolling motor. I do a lot of trolling to locate fish, as well as catch them, especially when my 9 year old son is with me. It's no wonder that trolling is illegal in tournaments because it is an effective way to keep your bait in the strike zone for extended periods of time. Let me know if you've got any more questions about a Power Drive unit. I'll be glad to let you try mine out to see if you're interested in one yourself.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]