Weiss Fishing Report for 12-22-2001

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on December 22, 2001 at 09:20:08:

DATE: 12-22-01
LAKE LEVEL: 557.8
NORMAL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 55.3 in am - 57.2 pm
WATER CLARITY: Not good but not bad

Check out Butch's great deer! If you are not viewing this report on Weiss Lake Guide Service web site you will need to go to
www.weisslakeguideservice.com to view the picture.Just go to the site and click on fishing report.

CRAPPIE: They are still pulling water and we have had cooler temps come in so we are not doing much on crappie.

BASS: Bass fishing still doing pretty good on Rat'l Traps and Crankbaits.

STRIPE: The stripe that we have managed to locate are just on the edge of the drops and some are pretty shallow. Best bait to use
right now in my humble opinion is 3/4 oz. chrome & blue Rat'l Traps, And you better get you a pretty good pair of leather gloves. A
few stripes are starting to show up trolling now with 1/16 oz jigs.The mouth of Churchouse and Anderson cove area also.Also sand
valley.There have been a -few taken in Yellow Creek on the sandbar on your left and on your right, you can't miss them.They are
not strong like they ought to be and they are not under the birds for the most part.These cooler temps are coming down to our
normal temps so this should pick things up.

BREAM: Still strong on Guntersville.
YOU CAN CALL CENTRE MOTEL 256-927-5156
OR RIVERSIDE RV PARK & CAMPGROUND 256-779-6117
AND GET THEM TO SEND YOU A GPS LAKE MAP>THEN IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHERE SOME OF THESE PLACES WE
TALK ABOUT YOU CAN FIND>.

I am going on a short vacation today so email answers may not be returned daily but I will get to them while I am away.If you need
immediate help you can call Butch at 706-862-2230 or Harry at 256-927-3909. (We are going to go see a new granddaughter.
HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY! Steve, Cheryl, Harry & Butch
www.weisslakeguideservice.com 256-927-6617

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]