Gamewardens and the DNR

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Gregory on December 16, 2001 at 17:34:05:

I am from the state of Indiana and i was wondering if there is anybody out there that is getting mad about the way our so called game wardens enforce the law. When we get ice on our lakes up here it seems like the game wardens vanish into thin air. You call in and tell them what is going on and when the ice is gone they show up. We have a warden in this area that does not do his job but they just let him go on because he is about ready to retire. We finally complained enough that the DNR put a new young guy in and he seems to be doing his job. He has checked me a couple of times and i tell him that i appreciate the job he is doing. The first year he was here was last year and he arrested over 50 people for violations while ice fishing. Some of the people are getting mad, but I think is great that he is doing his job.
We as fishermen, fisherwomen and hunters need to stand up and say that is enough when you see some one poaching get involved and call the Sheriff or get there plate number and boat number. Some day we are going to wake up and not have hunting or fishing. I'm glad I live in a country where I can have this freedom and many more. So take pride in what you have and protect it

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]