Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 12-15-2001

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on December 14, 2001 at 20:33:01:

DATE: 12-15-01
LAKE LEVEL: 558.4
NORMAL FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 58 in am - 61 pm
WATER CLARITY: Good

Check out Butch's great deer! If you are not viewing this message on Weiss Lake Guide Service web site you will need to go to
www.weisslakeguideservice.com to view it by clicking on the fishing report tab.

Also, please take advantage of our chat board and voice some of your success or questions or voice any opinion you might have.

I apologize that it has been so long in updating are fishing report. Nothing much has changed and we have had a death in the
family and things got crazy.

CRAPPIE:Trolled Powerhouse Lake with 1/32 bubble gum jigs and triple blue jigs and had 19 on Wednesday and 24 on
Thursday.There is a God! With the cooler weather I hope it gets better and better. These fish, believe it or not, were suspended in 6
feet of water.

BASS: Bass fishing has been great using crankbaits and Rat'l Traps. Sandbars and flats, drops and humps.

STRIPE: There are now plenty of birds. Harry saw then diving on the water in Sand Valley today. He ran and put his boat in the
water and fished where the birds had been diving and picked up 7 good fish in just a few minutes.But, he got in on the tail-end of
the bite.As it continues to cool down stripe fishing will just get hotter than a three dollar pistol. The fish are about 2 months late but
this is due to the unusual weather.

BREAM: Weiss - Zip. Lake Guntersville bream fishing is STRONG!

I would like to talk a little bit about law enforcement and poaching.We need more law enforcement on all our lakes.A poacher is a
thief and a low life.He is stealing from all of us! If you see this on the water get a good description of boat and occupants along with
registration numbers and report it.As of this date I have called 27 times from my cell with no response to any of my calls. We need to
bring pressure on DNR to get some law enforcement officers on the water and doing the job that they are paid to do.

**WARNING** The lake is almost as low as it is going to get, which means we are at a dangerous level for those who do not know the
water. You can get into a lot of trouble real quick. Be careful or we will be having a 1/3 off prop sale.

I am a full time guide and do very well at it but I know that some people cannot afford my services. Do not be bashful, I will be glad
to help you in any way I can and try to point you in the right direction.I would appreciate some input from you on my chat board.
Good Luck! Happy Holidays! And if you are still doing your Christmas shopping remember that under NO circumstances should you
purchase a Compaq computer.Take it from someone with first-hand experience.Plant your corn early, do not pee in the wind and
under NO circumstances buy a Compaq!
MERRY CHRISTMAS! Steve,Butch,Harry & Cheryl 256-927-6617 www.weisslakeguideservice.com

BTW: The unknown party who sent my "pepper dog" the toy, she Loves It!!!! Thanks Much!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]