Re: Wheeler stripe (possible line class record???)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on December 06, 2001 at 21:42:38:

In Reply to: Re: Wheeler stripe (possible line class record???) posted by Michael on December 06, 2001 at 21:19:51:

Simply come to Decatur. Put in at Riverwalk Marina which is west of the Hwy 31 causeway and head downstream. You will go past the train bridge and you will pass several round barge moorings on your right. Keep going until you see more barge moorings on your left. (about 1-2 miles I think) This will be Solutia (Monsanto). You have to go in just past this first set of moorings and you should be able to see the water discharges (2 of them) at this point.

There is also a ramp (public and free) behind the sewage plant in Decatur which is closer to Solutia. If you are coming into Decatur from Huntsville on Hwy 31, after you cross the big bridge turn right (west) on Hwy 20. You will go through two traffic lights and just before the road turns to the left you will see a school caution light above the road. Turn right just after this caution light directly next to the sewage plant. I think there is a sign for the ramp.

One note: Be VERY careful after you pass the barge moorings heading toward the discharges as it is now very shallow. Wheeler has dropped over 2 feet since I was there Wednesday. If you have a deep draft boat it may be too shallow.

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

P.S.
I said I went on monday and wednesday in my original message, but it was tuesday and wednesday. Oops...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]