Re: Guntersville Dam Access

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shad Lips on December 01, 2001 at 13:48:31:

In Reply to: Re: Guntersville Dam Access posted by Jerry on December 01, 2001 at 12:05:55:

I fished at the dam this morning and caught a mixed bag of crappie,sauger and spotted bass. I noticed that five different boats were within the 100 yd zone and were not told to move by TVA police. However I was harassed by the lock operator who is a Corps of Engineers employee. Upon leaving The boat launch I spoke with the TVA police who informed me that the boating restrictions had been lifted but the bank "no mans land" was still the same for now. I also called the marine police who gave me the same report about boating restrictions as the TVA policeman. I then called the Corps of Engineers and was informed that the operator who harassed me will be aware of the changes when he comes back to work. It seems that one branch of the government can't communicate with another.(Go figure). Now if they'll allow folks back on the south bank wall to catch live bait things will be almost back to normal. Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]