Re: CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on November 24, 2001 at 20:05:40:

In Reply to: Re: CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN... posted by abe keil on November 20, 2001 at 16:58:02:

:i think u guys r all wet i live in missouri and we have next to none striper fishing here also our average smallie is some thing like
:12 inches and thats a big one u guys have a fantastic fishery there yet u wanna raise hell about little things just fish and be
:thankful u have the fishery u have i have to travel 397 miles to access what u take for granted and i can only do that twice a yr if
:im lucky

I took a long time to think about your message before replying because I didn't want to give a knee-jerk reply.

You are correct in that we here in North Alabama have been blessed with some great fisheries. One thing you may not have thought about is that we have great fisheries not only because of the nature of the waters, but also because when our fisheries take a turn for the worse (especially for several years) we try to find out why and yes, we give the management folks a piece of our minds. This may seem like a lot of whining to some, but who knows what the conditions are in our fisheries better than those of us who are out there on the water more than even the state paid biologists! No, we can't make a detailed report and study of the causes of the problems, but we can tell what we see. We absolutely do not take for granted what we have in this area. On the contrary, that is why you see the gripes and complaints!!! We are trying to keep what we have from declining any further than it has already. This goes for ALL species, not just bass.

So keep that in mind when you travel 397 miles twice a year to access what YOU seem to take for granted.

Off of my high horse... (grin)

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry Grissett

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: