Re: CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Stripe on November 15, 2001 at 08:56:28:

In Reply to: CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN... posted by ME on November 14, 2001 at 15:33:26:

ME;
You probable have a valid point. The stocking of Stripe Bass (salts & hybrid) have been a success story at 100ís of lakes across our country. At most lakes fisherman welcome them for there fighting ability and table fair. As for as their acceptance at Smith Lake I can only say that the state has tried to address the issue but they get the same results as you and it ends in a yelling match. Every year I see more and more people chasing the stripe. I think its just a matter of time and education. I have been fishing Smith over 30 years and the lake has changed a great deal. It can be tough at times but overall its a great fishery. As for as arguing the issue of stocking them I wouldnít do it because in my opinion no one wins an argument. Try to focus on issues like litter, pollution, erosion, lake fluctuation during the spawn, etc. Issues we can work together on as sportsmen. Thatís more important and better for the future of the lake.

Good Fishing!
Captain Steve
www.ssguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: