Re: Addendum to TVA dam restrictions...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TroyJ on November 07, 2001 at 12:31:47:

In Reply to: TVA dam restrictions posted by TroyJ on November 07, 2001 at 09:14:50:

Sorry Kerry, Lol, didn't mean to get political or stir things up. Some things that may help though since so many anglers will be affected by the restrictions. Using alternate ramps such as Lock-6 and Fleet and fishing in mid-river areas of Wilson is a good idea. I do well for stripe on the bluffs and on the points, deep docks, etc. Most of my better smallmouth fishing is not in the tailraces, but on deeper sea-walls, docks and points down river from the dam. Humps and ledges on Pickwick down river from the dam are great for smallies if you can't fish the tailraces below Wilson dam. Stripe are ususally good on the bluffs across from McFarland, or drifting below the suicide bridge in the 14+ foot ranges. I catch nearly all my sauger on the main lakes of Guntersville and Wheeler. Sauger in the main channels of the lake run bigger for me than those do in the tail races, so I choose to target them instead. So, there are fish to be caught away from the dams, but it still chaps my hide that they would restrict those waters to anglers who use them all the time.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]