Decatur fishing today

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on November 06, 2001 at 19:38:12:

What a GREAT day of weather! Calm all day long and plenty of current.

I put in at the sewage plant on Hwy 20 in Decatur about 9am. Mostly just trolled around trying to locate fish. Found PLENTY of bream, bluegills mostly. If I had kept them I would easily have had a limit of 50 hand sized gills.

Tried the Hwy 31 causeway bridge and managed 2 keeper crappie and one 10-12 pound rockfish (saltwater striped bass), the first one I have ever caught in that area. Gave me quite a ride for about 5 minutes on 6# test.

I was using Bass Assassins on 16th oz jighead and everywhere I fished was within sight of the train bridge. Ended up catching 6 keeper crappie all day and about 12 smaller ones. Released all fish except the rockfish and 2 crappie which I gave to a man having a hard time catching anything from the bank. All in all it wasn't a bad day even though I didn't find many crappie. The weather was great and now I have all the leaks fixed in my boat. The trolling motor seems to be losing the 12/24 switch, but that is easily replaced/repaired. Seems like it's always something!

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]