Re: dam fishing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shad Lips on November 06, 2001 at 17:01:37:

In Reply to: Re: dam fishing for boats a no-go! posted by Randall on November 06, 2001 at 14:36:19:

Below Guntersville Dam TVA police have taken yellow tape and marked "off limits" areas on the banks as well as along the "dry lock" also. It appears to be about 125 yards from the dam which goes for bank or boat fishermen. This means no fishing or catching bait on the old "snagging wall" on the south bank. Small shad are thick near the south boat ramp but can only be caught with a cast net. Unfortunately I have not yet figured out how to catch the "crawly bottoms" since the wall is off limits. The north bank is still accessable by land almost up to the end of the lock wall which is marked with yellow tape.

The sauger bite is very slow now. The water temperature must be too high for them to be very active. I only caught a small one this morning which had an "S" shaped backbone from the side view as well as from a top view. It was the most pitiful loking critter I've ever seen. Does anyone know what causes that spinal deformity? I've caught several in the past couple of years but none quite as deformed as the one this morning.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]