Re: Smith Lake striper fishing report plus Electronics facts

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on November 05, 2001 at 17:01:05:

In Reply to: Smith Lake striper fishing report plus Electronics facts posted by Dale Welch Striper Guide Service on November 05, 2001 at 07:10:37:

Thanks for the Smith Lake Striper Report and also for giving us your knowledge on depthfinder electronics.

I have never been able, with my cheap Eagle or with other folks more expensive (higher resolution, etc) models, been able to see a "classic" fish arch. I have always used the fish ID feature of any depth/fish finder. I agree with you about the limitations on both modes. I think one thing I like about the fish ID mode is that I can leave the fish alarm on (annoying to some folks) and I can tell by the way it sounds as to when I need to look at it. Of course once I find the fish and they are hitting good there is no need for the alarm so I turn it off. Also, sometimes the finder is really of no use as I know where the fish are or should be and will be casting to them. That is to say they are not under the boat so they won't show up on the finder anyway.

Anyway,

Thanks again for the report!

Good luck and good fishin'

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title: