Posted by Kerry Grissett on November 05, 2001 at 16:48:36:
The part that broke on my trolling motor pedal is called an actuator not an "armature" as I called it in an earlier message. I found one, the last one he had, at The Prop Shop on south Memorial Parkway in Huntsville so it is fixed now.
I still haven't decided on what to do about a keel guard, but as of today I think I have the leaks stopped in my boat using JBWeld. The first patch I made on the keel is holding up VERY well! Even with a few times putting that spot on the concrete ramp with not even a scratch. I finally filled the boat with water and found a few other monor leaks and JBWelded them this morning, so I should be ready to go by tomorrow.
After working on the boat this morning I finally got out to the river about 12 noon. Tried the causeway bridge on Hwy31 and caught a LM bass about 3 pounds or so and one sauger about 16 inches. Also caught a few small crappie, but no keepers. Wheeler is down quite a bit from last week. TVA predicts it to be at 552.0 where is was at about 553.5 last week about this time. Didn't measure the surface temp.
Good luck and good fishin'
Post a Followup