Re: blemishes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom L on October 23, 2001 at 10:48:37:

In Reply to: Re: blemishes posted by jd on October 23, 2001 at 06:14:45:

To jd,
I apologize for the comment that I made and was out of line for them. I guess I was stereotyping you with the experience that I have had with the engineers I work with. Not all are like that. It seems that some like to analyze problems from their desk and not get out and find out what is the real problems. I hope there is no hard feelings.
I mainly fish the lower end of Wheeler, Wilson and PickWick lakes and have not noticed a real problem with fish, although have caught an occasional fish with sores on them. Apparently, the problem is locallized around the Decatur area. Just guessing, I think that it is a combination of several things, that is, the industry around the area, the chemicals from the cotton fields, and possibly the chemicals that are used to kill the milfoil. It seems that the fishing is just not like what it used to be for that area. A few years ago, when there was a abondance of milfoil, you could catch a lot of fish with no problems with them. It seems now that you are hard-pressed to catch a limit on the flats and in the Decatur area. That is one of the reasons that I have quit fishing in that area. I wish I had an answer to your questions, and am sure that other people have noticed the same thing.
I don't want to get into a heated discussion on this and hope we all can input some positive thoughts on the subject. Tom

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]