Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 10-22-2001

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on October 21, 2001 at 17:08:44:

DATE: 10-22-01
LAKE LEVEL: 560.1
NORMAL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 66 in am - 71 in pm
WATER CLARITY: GOOD

CRAPPIE: On Thursday I fished a corporate trip with Millett Hardwoods and had 35 keepers.On Friday I had the same guide party
and had 26 and on Saturday I had 33.All 3 days I had to work my butt off to get them. Alabama Power has been jerking water out of
the lake and I suspect that this is the root of our troubles here as the weather has stabilized butt crappie are not cooperating. I fished
Sunday with Harold & JB for 28 keepers and used up 32 gallons of gas to get them. Sometime in November crappie should settle
down to the old river channel edges and be accessible again before they go south for the winter.If ANYONE is telling you that the
crappie are "jumping" in the boat then they are jerking your chain.

BASS: Bass fishing on the other hand is and should even get better.For the first time in 5 days I saw bass chasing shad in the
shallows in the back ends of creeks and coves.Rat'l Traps and Spinner baits , shad rap's around the docks.Pig/N/Jig under the docks.

STRIPE: Still no activity and am still not seeing any birds as of yet. Will let you know when I do.

CATFISH: All you want. I have customers catching HUGE catfish off my dock everyday while they are cleaning fish. Use heavy line
and take a rib cage from a cleaned fish and pitch it out there and hang on!! :-) They are a lot of fun to catch.

As usual this month has been horrible for breakage for me. Today as I was backing down my driveway, I had another seal go bad on
my boat trailer which means another $125.00 wrecker bill to have my trailer towed to the repair shop once again. My depth finder
quit on my trolling motor and I wondered when I called Hummingbird how they knew it was going to cost $125.00 to fix it when they
haven't even seen it???As last week went, so goes this week. It has been Friday the 13th everyday around my house. How about
yours?
I have had several calls in the last few days and when I tell people the truth they do not want to hear it.They want to argue with the
fishing report.But, for us to have any creditability you have to tell it like it is.And, if you do not want to know the truth do not ask me.
I would love to tell everyone that we are just killing them down here but that is not the case.I am sorry I wish I could tell you folks
otherwise but it would not be the truth and you would load up and come down here to only catch a couple of fish and be very angry
with me. I have to tell it like it is. Sincerely, Steve
Call me if you need me! 256-927-6617 http://www.weisslakeguideservice.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]