Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 10-18-2001

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on October 18, 2001 at 14:27:24:

DATE: 10-18-01
LAKE LEVEL: 560.4
NORMAL LEVEL FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 61.4 am 64.1 pm
WATER CLARITY: FAIR

CRAPPIE: I fished the Finley & McVeigh on the 15th & 16th. On the 15th we had 97. On the 16th after a strong cold front
came through we had 65. Fish Mike & Gerald on the 17th. Woke up to a big high pressure system with strong NE winds.
Surface temp. had dropped 9*F. Fished the best I could for 21 keepers. With the high barometers and blue bird skies
fishing is TOUGH.

BASS: Bass fishing has quit along with everything else. If the weatherman is correct things should start back in by about
Friday. Spinner baits & Buzz baits around the docks. Shallow crank baits around the grass. Pitching Pig/N/Jig under the
docks. Slow down and due the best you can.

STRIPE: No activity seen since the cold front.

WHITE BASS: NO REPORT

BREAM: NO REPORT

CATFISH: All you want. Come and get em! Seems to be the only thing biting. The boys staying here had a 50+ pounder
break off at the dock using rib cages from the crappie they were cleaning.

CARP: NO REPORT

I do not mean to be a dark cloud in the sky but this cold front has done it's usual "whammy" on fishing but I think that
after things stabilize as they usually do after a day or two things should return to normal and we still should have some
season left before the fish go south for the winter. As usual I always have a major breakdown at some point each week.
Word to the wise...just because you buy new tires does not mean you will not have a flat as I did today. I replaced my
tires three weeks ago and not only did I have a flat but one of my depth finders also decided to go south. I have carried
around a 4-way lug wrench,just for this reason, for 10 years and guess what?? It will not fit a Ranger trailer tire. So if you
are a Ranger trailer owner you need to carry a 13/16th socket and ratchet or you are going to be flapping. As usual
Murphy's Law got me today. And how was your week? Good Fishing to everyone!!

Call us or email us if we can help in any way!
Sincerely, Steve, Butch,Harry & Cheryl

http://www.lakeweissguideservice.com 256-927-6617

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]