Re: FISHING WHEELER/WILSON/PICKWICK

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on October 16, 2001 at 19:56:35:

In Reply to: FISHING WHEELER/WILSON/PICKWICK posted by BARRY on October 16, 2001 at 14:03:19:

Right now the river is near summer pool because of the recent rains. I don't know what it will be like by the end of this month.

My guess, and this is just a guess, is to use similar tactics to what you use in the spring. Drifting shad minnows when the turbines are running should work. Several years ago around the end of October or first of November, I saw the smallies schooling up along the bank near the dam. They were chasing shad but would hit baby skip-jack better than anything. Look for activity along the bank. If they are there and the shad are there, you will see them busting the shad. If they aren't coming up like that, then the drifting method is all I know.

Hopefully someone else will have better advice. Don't forget to check the BFHP for current bass fishing reports.

P.S.

My apologies for deleting your second post. On first glance it looked like the same post as this one. I later saw that you had added some information that you would be staying at Wheeler resort. Often folks hit the submit button twice on the same message and I routinely delete the duplicate to save space. My oops... (smile)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]