Fishing and trying to get a feeling of normality

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on September 14, 2001 at 23:14:22:

Since Tuesday, September 11, 2001, I have really had a hard time focusing on fishing. Today and yesterday I did get out on the bank around Decatur for a little while. It felt good to get my mind off of the events that are on everyones minds since last tuesday.

I didn't have much luck with my fishing and maybe that was because I didn't really have my heart in it. I didn't even really get away from the media as I brought along an emergency radio to keep in touch with what was happening. With all that said, I did manage to catch a couple of crappie and a couple of small bream. Nothing to get excited about, but the temps are supposed to start getting down into the 50's at night, so water temps will "start" to cool and most of you know what THAT means!

My thoughts and best wishes are still with all the Americans who have been directly affected by the tragic recent events. Actually, I don't think there is a single American who has not been directly affected! I, personally, am still trying to find out what has happened to one of my friends who works in N.Y.C. She did not work in the WTC, but I have had no contact from her since the tragedy on the 11th. I have done nearly all I can do to contact her, so now all I can do is wait and hope. Her name is Sharon G. Lankford-Rice and her daughter's name is Rhiannon. Last time I heard from her her home was in or near Anniston, Alabama and she works for the US Department of Labor in New York. Maybe she or someone in her family will see this and get in touch with me.

Good luck and good fishin,

God Bless America

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]