Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 09-07-2001

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on September 06, 2001 at 21:20:52:

DATE: 09-07-01
LAKE LEVEL: 563.2
NORMAL POOL:564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 82 am - 85 pm
WATER CLARITY: Good down river, stained upriver but not bad. Chatooga stained

CRAPPIE: Still catching them on the old river edges, 10-12 ft. deep. Some shallow fish early and later in 4-5 ft. of water.They are
structure oriented.Minnows still your best bet.

BASS: Doing well in the early morning and again in the late afternoon. Spinner baits,Carolina rig.Blue still seems to be the best
color.

WHITE BASS: With the Chatooga stained I have not seen any white bass in the jumps.

STRIPE: Stripe fishing also picking up.Now starting to see a few stripe showing up in Yellow Creek.Trolling still reasonably
productive using live bait or shad raps.Little fishy works well also.As the water cools you will start see more stripe in the creeks and
back down in the river.

CATFISH: Trot lines and jugs using cut bait. Come on and get you some.

We look for fishing to break wide open anytime now from mid September on. Every day should get better and better.Fall fishing is
nearly upon us!!Sorry so late on update but as things pick up we will go back to weekly reports and daily if necessary.Fall is booking
up real fast so if you want a guide this fall you need to be making your plans ASAP.
As always, I am glad to help anyone whether you need a guide or not. I will do my best to steer you in the right direction.
Also, if I can be of any help just "holler". Fall fishing is just around the corner. Hope to see you here! Sincerely, Steve,Butch,Harry
and Cheryl. http://www.weisslakeguideservice.com 256-927-6617

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]