Re: Smith Lake Bass and Crappie

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ben There on August 20, 2001 at 16:46:12:

In Reply to: Smith Lake Bass and Crappie posted by David on August 20, 2001 at 09:35:54:

David, I had a chance to fish this morning on Ryan Creek on Smith Lake. I only caught three small bass, all on top water lure. I had several to strike at the lure and miss. I located a very large number of what I think were bass and stripe behind my boat house, about 100' from the shore line. The fish were suspended from 17' to 55' in 115' of water. It appeared that bass were holding from 17' to about 25', then stripe holding all the way down to 55'. I tried a sassy shad and a chrome Little George, but no bites. I even tried the Little George jigging up and down at various depths, no luck. Try going out early Friday and Saturday morning, just at good daylight, with a top water lure around points. Be sure to watch for surface activity and cast right into the middle of them. Also be sure to keep your eye on your scope, if you have one on the boat, for fish schooled up in deep water. When the top water bite slows down, switch to something like the Sassy Shad, pig-n-jig, worm etc. Wish you and your son the very best of luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]