Re: HOW DO YOU PUT ON A TRAILER HOOK?????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Corey on August 18, 2001 at 09:41:56:

In Reply to: HOW DO YOU PUT ON A TRAILER HOOK????? posted by Bennett on August 17, 2001 at 04:14:04:

A trailor hook can be put on several different ways. Usually, if you buy a pack of them, a rubber tubing will be included. Cut the tubing in approximate 1/4 " increments. Slide the tubing over the eye of the hook, then slide the hook of the spinnerbait or buzzbait through the eye you just covered. Make sure both hooks face the same way. This way is good and safe, but leaves very little to be achieved if you do not have the ruber tubing. Something I started doing not that long ago was take a grub (white, chartr., smoke, depending mainly on water color and time of year)Take the trailer hook and slide it through the body of the grub, make sure the fat end of the grup completely covers the eye of the trailor hook. At this point, insert the hook of the spinnerbait or the buzzbait through the trailer/grub combination. A problem you may face with this is the bulk of the lure. Sometimes a smaller lure will produce better. Extending a lure 2 to three more inches and adding a grub will have a lot more size to it, and can turn a lot of bites off. At the same time, if the fish are short striking, they will just short strike the grub, and you are back where you started from. The trailer hook on the spinner bait has saved me, as well as the buzzbait, but I've also had days where I took them off and never missed a step. Have a good day and good fishing.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]