Re: Deep cycle marine batteries - advice?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jd on August 14, 2001 at 08:50:18:

In Reply to: Re: Deep cycle marine batteries - advice? posted by Bruce Shelton on August 14, 2001 at 08:09:23:

K-mart sells AC-DELCO marine batteries and has them on sale regularly for $10 off. It seems that the largest battery is regularly about $99 with the second largest being around $59. These are sealed (maintenance free) batteries.

I have also had very good luck with the Wal-Mart/Sam's club brand batteries in the past and I know Wal-Mart has excellent service policies. I think all of their batteries are made by the same company - GNB?? I had already bought the AC-DELCO when I noticed Sam's Club has a large marine battery (120 a-h?)for around $50 or less. It looked big and mighty and was roughly half the price of the largest AC-DELCO with a similar amp-hour rating and I believe a 2 yr warranty. Keep it charged (don't neglect it in the winter) and filled with water, and it will probably take care of you as well.

I would say that AC-DELCO and DIE-HARD have a good reputation, and Sam's Club can give you a non-sealed battery for about half the price. Batteries can sometime be a crap shoot. There is surely one bad apple in every batch. Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]