Deep cycle marine batteries - advice?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on August 13, 2001 at 22:26:12:

I am probably going to need two new trolling motor batteries before the start of the fall crappie season. My old ones just don't seem to be able to get a full charge any more. One is an Interstate SRM-27 and the other is a "Power Pack"? I don't think I want to give $80 for another Interstate SRM-27 since the first one only lasted 11 months and the 12 month free replacement warranty was not honored where I bought it at Wheeler Lake Marine; I was sold this one at a prorated price based on 12 months usage even though it failed in only 11 months. Don't get me started on that place. ARG!!

I have had the present SRM-27 since November 1999, the "Power Pack" came with the boat when I bought it in December 1998 and was used at that time, but I don't know how old it was.

I am hoping that some of you out there may have more and better experiences with other brands of deep cycle batteries at reasonable prices. If so, please tell me what you think! I need to purchase the new batteries soon, so your input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Kerry Grissett

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]