Ask and you shall receive (sometimes)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on August 01, 2001 at 23:40:06:

I recently sent an email to Doug Darr asking when the 2001-2002 Seasons and Bag Limits would be incorporated into the rules and regulations, which are still listed as for 2000-2001.

As a P.S. I requested that whomever is in charge of creating this file please provide an html or text version so folks wouldn't have to download the bloated Adobe Acrobat Reader and the also bloated .pdf file for the information. My reasoning for the request was that the .pdf format is not particularly useful or efficient in providing information which is essentially 100% text. All it does is force folks to download a program that takes up a lot of space only to read a bloated file that would be more easily accessible by more people if it were in either plain text or html format.

I will admit that Adobe can have uses... I just haven't found any that were easily navigable or done better than by using html or text especially when the information is 100% textual and no graphics.

In any case, Doug emailed me to let me know that the 2001-2002 Seasons and Bag limits are now on the 'Net in html format! Ask and you will receive! (sometimes)

Thanks Doug!

Now if they will do the same thing when the 2000-2001 Alabama Game and Fish Regulations are updated? (smile)

http://www.dcnr.state.al.us/agfd/2001_02%20seasons.html

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]