Re: Guide Etiquette

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TroyJ on July 23, 2001 at 20:33:53:

In Reply to: Guide Etiquette posted by jd on July 20, 2001 at 09:07:21:

I think a lot depends on the guide. I believe full time guides, or guides not involved in many local Ts usually try their best to put tournament anglers on fish that will win, even if the clients are locals. Many guides do not carry locals. I guide full time, and most of my clients are tournament anglers. I often find my clients fishing areas I have shown them, but that's my job, to show them to the best of my ability how and where to catch the fish they need to make money. Fish are constantly changing, and in order to guide effectively it becomes a matter of knowing many, many areas that hold fish, knowing when the fish will be there and how to adjust to everything from seasonal patterns to daily movements and conditions. The productivity of areas changes from season to season, and sometimes day to day, and teaching people how to adjust is the key, so they can locate their own fish when needed. Clients often bring their GPS's with them on trips, and I'm happy to mark the areas on their maps and help them develop the game plan for a T. I also fish tournaments, and if I see clients sitting an area I took them to, loading the boat with fish, I'm dang happy, because when I see that, I know I've done my job correctly.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]