NAFF via Email, keep up without checking in!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on July 17, 2001 at 00:15:37:

There are presently 23 subscribers to the NAFF mailing list and most of them have been long time subscribers!

For those of you who don't know what I am talking about or are worried about joining mailing lists, let me assure you that the NAFF via Email is not like what you may think.

The list is maintained by me and is not shared, sold or distributed in any way shape or form. It is there simply to allow anyone interested in keeping up with the NAFF message base to do just that!

When you subscribe to the list you will receive a confirmation message with a link that will automatically unsubscribe you if you ever want to stop receiving the NAFF messages via email.

What you get by subscribing is an email every time a message is posted on the NAFF. At some point I would like to make it so that you can select to get this type of email only when you choose if one of your messages is replied to, but for now it is all messages or nothing, but traffic is usually light and the information is often interesting, informative and entertaining.

If you still aren't sure, then reply to this message on the NAFF with your questions/doubts and I am pretty sure that at least a few of the current subscribers will let you know how they feel about the current setup for the NAFF via Email. I know it isn't perfect, but it ain't bad! (grin)

Almost forgot to say that the NAFF via Email, like everything else on the NAFF is totally free! Why? The NAFF was started because I love fishing and didn't see anything like it on the internet. I wanted to have a place, like I experienced in my old Fidonet days, where people could form a community online with people of like interest. So far, I thnk it has been extremely successful in that respect and I want to say "Thanks" to all of you who have made it that way! These are the folks that put the meaning into "user supported"!

Kerry Grissett

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]