Weiss Lake Fishing Report for 7-12-2001

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on July 11, 2001 at 21:46:12:

DATE: 7-12-01
LAKE LEVEL: 564.0 (Normal Pool)
NORMAL FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 88 in am - 92 pm
WATER CLARITY: Great Except that the Chatooga is a little stained

CRAPPIE: No activity.Dog days of summer.

BASS: Tough as nails! We had a 115 boat tournament on Saturday and 16 lbs. won it. 11 lbs. finished way up in the money.What
was caught was caught on Carolina Rigs Blue Sparkle.Bass fishing should pick up for the night fishermen.I will find out and let
you know on the next fishing report.

STRIPE: They are about done in the lower lake.Some stripe still being taken around the bridges under the lights using live shad.
Daytime stripe fishing is pretty slow! I believe the stripe have gone back up in the cooler creeks.They pull a vanishing act this
same time of year every year. I am going to try to take a john boat up the Chatooga and see if they are up they. I cannot get up
there in my big boat.I bet you a nickel cash money that they are there. Will let you know.

WHITE BASS: A few are starting to show up in the jumps now.Some along the old river channel just South of the Hawgs Den
early and very late.Some showing up in the Chatooga in the flats and they are catching them pretty strong right in front of the
dam when they are generating using Rooster Tails preferably white or chartreuse.

BREAM: Gone south for the summer! :-)

CATFISH: A lot of catfish being taken by jug fishermen.Some in the 40-50 lb. range on cut shad.Come on and get ya sum!

Anybody that tells you that the fish are jumping in the boat on Weiss Lake is blowing smoke up your shirttail! Look forward to
September!! Hope everyone is having a safe and happy summer!! Look out for the Jet ski's! I will continue the fishing report every
week but to not expect it to be pretty until September. Take Care! Steve, Butch & Harry http://www.weisslakeguideservice.com
256-927-6617
Everyone needs to be booking their Fall Fishing trips now as we are booking up quickly!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]