Posted by jd on July 02, 2001 at 09:41:55:
In Reply to: Re: Reporting diseased fish posted by ked on June 28, 2001 at 23:52:51:
I agree with the leaving a bad taste in your mouth. I was catching white bass above G'ville dam last week and had 4-5 in live well when I suddenly caught one who's gill plate was deteriorated to the point that I could see the edge of gills and the fish was skin and bones. I saw was appeared to be a leech or some parasite in the mouth which I dislodged and threw the fish back. After seeing that, I threw all the fish back. I think I will stick to eating fish only during cool water months such as Feb. and Mar.
I assume that parasites are not a disease? Does anyone have concerns with this too? Also, is the concern only for specific bodies of water? It seems that Cheryl may only be concerned with Weiss Lake?
Post a Followup