Double posting of messages?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on June 28, 2001 at 23:06:46:

I have noticed that some folks are posting the same message twice and sometimes more. I am not sure what the reason is for this, but I will assume it is because of confusion with the process of posting on the NAFF.

When posting here you get to "preview" the message you have just written in order to make sure you are happy with what you have written. If you are not happy with it, hit your "back" button or the "alt" key and the left arrow key at the same time to return to the post message page. If you are happy with what you have written, click the "post message" button ONLY ONE TIME. Your message WILL be posted to the NAFF message board. If you do not see it when you return to the main message board, that is because your browser has reloaded it from cache. Simply hit "reload" or "ctrl" key and "r" at the same time. This will cause the server to refresh your browser with the latest version of the page.

This will help in several ways. First, it doesn't post duplicate messages which take up space on my server where I have limited resources and second, it doesn't make me have to load my administrator's program to delete the excess baggage.

Thanks for your help!

Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]