Reporting diseased fish

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett, for Cheryl Pope on June 28, 2001 at 22:56:04:

Cheryl Pope has requested that I post another message letting you all know that you can contact her directly (call collect!) to report diseased fish that you catch. To make clear what she would like you to do I am posting the email thread we have had on the subject here:

***Begin Quoted Material***

Kerry, Have several people we can contact depending on the problem. IE : Sores or fish kill and so forth. If you would or I will post
our email, either the guide service or mine (clp-pope@tds.net) and have them contact us directly. Would prefer if they call
immediately (Please have them call collect, we do not mind) and also if they catch ones with sores or "measles, freeze one until
we can get someone in the area to pick it up.I would be interested to find out what this "measles is considering the surface temps
are not topping out yet as they do in high summer. If you don't mind posting some I thank you.I only have a few minutes to check
emails tonight and have to take puter in for work tomorrow.Thanks again for all you help!! Cheryl

----- Original Message -----
To: Cheryl Pope
Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2001 7:55 PM
Subject: Re: Problems with fish

Hey Cheryl,

Do you want them to contact you or Auburn? If Auburn, what email addresses, phone
numbers, etc. I'll be happy to post a message on this topic, but don't forget that you are
always more than welcome to post a message on the NAFF yourself! (smile)

Thanks,
Kerry

Cheryl Pope wrote:

Kerry, I noticed a report on your forum about someone who caught bream on Wheeler with "the measles" Can
you post a note on your board to have anyone who finds problems with fish, whether it be a fish kill or "sores"
to have them contact us ASAP so that we can get the State involved along with Auburn University. We know
many people that would be interested in these "problems" if we can get the information to them quick
enough.We are concerned about all our waters not just Weiss. Thanks for your continued help! We have
gotten several trips off your board.If we can do anything more to help you just let us know! Sincerely, Steve &
Cheryl Pope

***End Quoted Material***

Please note that I have used Cheryl's email address as the reply address for this message per her request. I am assuming that she wants you to call the Weiss Lake Guide Service phone number which is 256-927-6617.

Thanks,
Kerry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]