Re: Wilson update.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shane on June 23, 2001 at 22:24:33:

In Reply to: Wilson update. posted by TroyJ on June 23, 2001 at 21:01:14:

We went down there early last week and caught a bunch of fish on poppin bugs--i'd say we caught between 50 and 60 bass, most on points with overhanging trees that had flies. Only problem was that we had 0 keeper fish--only had 2 over 14--most of the fish were 10-12"

Went and drifted the tailrace for about and hour before i had to leave--caught several small smallies (under 10") and some catfish and stripe, but no big fish. Other people ive talked too (and my experience in the past two late trips) say the best time to catch big stripe is from 7pm to about 10pm, as long as they are generating. As for big smallies---try downriver on humps or deep points. Just like Troy said--i have not seen a catchable threadfin (yellowtail shad) this summer. Probably a major reason im still hearing great nitetime reports from wilson-no shad so the smallies are nailing crawfish (and bitsy bugs, bearhair, PJ's etc).

May try again Monday--cant decide whether to go there, to mississippi to crappie fish, or go borrow a small boat and head to white or blue springs.

Shane

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]