[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Weiss Lake Guide Service on June 20, 2001 at 10:42:41:

DATE: 6-20-01
LAKE LEVEL: 564+
NORMAL FULL POOL: 564.0
SURFACE TEMP: 79.8 in am to 88.4 pm
WATER CLARITY: Good

CRAPPIE: Night fishing only.Period.

BASS: Bass have moved out of the grass.Points are still pretty good,ditches,humps and drops.Not going to be long before they
will be on the old river channel.Spinner Baits and Rat'l Traps still work pretty good along with a pearl Bomber.A limit of fish still
shouldn't be a problem.

STRIPE: Stripe fishing is just getting better and better.Most of the stripes are still being taken on the old river channel edges.Also,
on any long deep points that you might find.Best bait is still live shad.However, that pearl Bomber works pretty good on stripe also
along with the "little fishy".I fished Saturday using live shad and had 22.Fished with Brother Decker and his two sons.I fished
Sunday with Brother Venny who brought his father. We had 14, but we looked like Larry, Moe& Curly out there. Just one of those
days where we couldn't do anything right. I am sure te 5mph west wind wasn't helping either! In the 2 days fishing we had several
in the 10-12 lb category.Had our lines broke atleast 15-20 times.Catching shad is still tough.They will hit other things but shad is
the best.If anybody needs help keeping shad alive I will be glad to help. I do not have all the answers but I do have some of
them.

WHITE BASS: I have seen a few scattered white bass in the past week. I am catching white bass & yellow bass in my throw net
when I am trying to catch shad.Some are showing up on the upper end of the Chatooga.If you go up there, take it easy as there is
the mother of all stumps up there.

BREAM: Scattered around the banks.Still have not seen a willow fly hatch!

CATFISH: Cut shad is the best to use for bait fishing about 8-15 feet deep about any where you want to go.

As always if there is anything that we can do to help you whether you need a guide or not we are more than happy to help if we
can. Sincerely,Steve,Butch & Harry http://www.weisslakeguideservice.com 256-927-6617 Have a great summer!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]