Re: north alabama camping trip for my son and friends

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DG on June 15, 2001 at 08:17:50:

In Reply to: north alabama camping trip for my son and friends posted by David on June 15, 2001 at 08:00:28:

A great place to camp on the water is at Joe Wheeler State Park in Rogersville, AL. They have a camping area for motor homes and travel trailers and also a primitive camp area (tents) that has running water and concrete picnic tables. The camper/motorhome area has a restroom and shower within walking distance of the primitive camping area (which only has outhouses). There is a small boat ramp right at the primitive camp area and a full sized ramp/parking area at the entrance to the park. Fishing is pretty good in the immediate area. The fee for the primitive camp area is only about $7.00 per night (don't know what it is for the camper area). When my son and I go camping this is where we go. The place is pretty secure as you have to pass through the park gates to get to the camp area. I believe they close the gates at 10:00 pm with a guard on duty to let people in and out. Oh yeah, there is also a swimming area/beach at the camper/motorhome area. Looks like everything you need. Have fun!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]