Re: Almost 40,000

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Grissett on May 28, 2001 at 23:01:54:

In Reply to: Almost 40,000 posted by ked on May 28, 2001 at 22:16:40:

Thanks! Although I do have a hand in what direction the NAFF takes, it is all the great users like you who make it what it is today!

I tried from the bank in Decatur and below Guntersville dam today. Not much to report on either count. I did manage to catch a couple of decent bluegill and one fair stripe below G'ville dam, but it was really slow. Didn't get over there until after 12 noon and they had just started one or two turbines. One guy that was there earlier than I said that he was catching some decent bream before the turbines came on, but I didn't actually see his fish. (smile) One fellow, using either skip-jack guts or cutbait or both did catch 3 or 4 hybrids around the 2 or 3 to 4 pound range, but I didn't see much else from the bank except for some "fair" bream and several drum. I did see a couple of pretty good stripe caught from boats, but not that many, at least from my vantage point on the bank. I was fishing the south side of the river below the dam. The area above the dam on that side is still closed. (sigh)

Alex had a hard drive crash. I am not sure when he will be back on the board, but I am sure he will do so as soon as he is able. As for the squirrel tail jigs, I have only had success with them on Guntersville lake. Never have had much success on Wheeler with them. Alex did get in touch with me this evening and said he was able to catch some pretty good bluegill using a Keystone minnow under a cork about 24 inches. He was fishing Wheeler from the bank. Yeah, I know that is vague on exactly where... but you know how that goes! (grin)

Thanks again to you and everyone else who help to make the NAFF a special place for anyone interested in fishing North Alabama!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]