Re: Where to catch shellcraker on Wheeler Lake?????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ked on May 20, 2001 at 11:18:29:

In Reply to: Where to catch shellcraker on Wheeler Lake????? posted by MR Halbrooks on May 20, 2001 at 00:51:14:

Right now I wish I knew!! The ones I had been catching a couple of weeks ago have bedded out and gone on to where ever they go after spawning. The numbers and size have dropped off a little lately on the blugill but should pick up here in a couple of weeks when the willow flys hatch out. Have you ever tryed Swan Creek or Beulah Bay? Man there are some HUGE bluegill there when you can get them to bite. I always use crickets and catch a few more shellcracker than my partner who only uses worms, but his are bigger fish. You're fishing the same depth I have been fishing. Look for grass and rocks, bushes and trees. There's another guy who posts here named Alex and he has hade great sucess with squirrel tail jigs. I haven't tryed them yet, but I finally got me some to try next week. He's been fishing Guntersville. I know I haven't been much help but right now I'm trying to find them 'Crackers again myself. Keep fishing and be thankful you're at least catching something and that you have the opportunity to get out and go. God bless and good fishing!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ North Alabama Fishing Forum ] [ FAQ ]